Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Old Tucson Studios

Today we drove out to Old Tuscon Studios,

where they filmed many movies and t.v. shows like Three Amigos, Tombstone, Little House on the Prairie, High Chapparel, Bonanza, and Rio Bravo to name a few.


 We saw some gunfights


 and saw what building were in movies - this mission building was in Tombstone and Three Amigos, as well as some other movies.  They kept changing it to whatever they needed over the years.

 and then I got to ride my first horse! Bob and I rode through the desert on horse with a name - his was Oreo and mine was Dot.


 It was interesting seeing all the buildings and memorabilia.



 In 1995 there was a fire and they lost 40% of the buildings, so some of what we saw were reproductions, but it was cool anyway. Later that night we went to a restaurant called "Little Mexico" with everyone as it was our last night together and I had the biggest chimichanga (I have been told I say it wrong, so I probably spelled it wrong too) and it was really yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment